Rahul is a physician, biomedical engineer, and healthcare management consultant with focus on enhancing value of healthcare providers by increasing quality and reducing costs using lean six sigma tools, automation technology, and process re-engineering. Rahul strongly believes that early involvement of physicians in the health technology development process can create solutions which can improve ease of use of such products, improve quality of patient care and reduce errors.
As certified valuation analyst (CVA), Rahul provides fair market valuation opinions to assist acquisitions and divestitures. Combined with years of experience in healthcare operations, Rahul is perfectly positioned to evaluate healthcare startups from points of view of technology, clinical efficacy, operational impact and financial stability.
Rahul is currently a principal with a boutique healthcare management consulting firm. His areas of expertise include strategic and fair market valuation, turnaround performance improvement, and mergers & acquisitions. Over the past two decades, he has provided direct clinical care as a physician, designed and tested healthcare technology devices as an engineer and managed hospital systems. As a management consultant, he helps health systems analyze and design solutions to complex operational issues.
Education and Certifications
- Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, Salt Lake City, UT
- Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives American College of Healthcare Executives, Chicago, IL
- Master of Business Administration with concentration in Finance from Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Master of Science, Biomedical Engineering, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Doctor of Medicine, B.J. Medical College, Pune, India