Raman is a physician educator and leader with multiple years of experience in academic healthcare organizations. He has been recognized as a top hospitalist physician. Raman is passionate about transforming the Health Information Technology (HIT) industry. He has been vocal about the slow progress and adoption of technology in healthcare and wants to promote redesign global healthcare using technology. Raman has invested in over 25 startups as an angel investor and through online platforms. As a co-founder of Mission Growth Investments, a physician group investing in healthcare startups, he collaborated with a number of founders to help them navigate the complex and highly regulated healthcare systems.
Raman is currently medical director and physician advisor and has previous experience working as a Hospitalist and other leadership roles in academic medical centers. His strengths include health systems’ strategic planning and strategy implementation, organizational growth, business development, population health management, hospital operations, patient and workforce engagement, project management and operational excellence.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, NC
- Certification in Health Sector Management, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, NC
- Senior Fellow of Hospital Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Greater Baltimore Medical Center